What are car insurance groups?
Cars divide into the groups, for insurance purposes, from 1 to 50, with group 1 insurance cars cheapest to insure. The organization a particular automobile version suits into is usually decided by way of trim level and engine length and type.
Why are group 1 insurance cars often the cheapest?
Insurers typically classify the forms of the automobile in special businesses, starting from 1 to 20.The higher the institution your car falls into, the higher the premium will be.
In figuring out what institution your vehicle falls in to, insurance companies take a variety of-of factors into consideration. As an instance, if the components are effectively available and less expensive to buy, this is going in the car’s favor and it should be in group 1 insurance cars.
If a coincidence turned into to take place, getting a vehicle repaired at a lower price manner a smaller payout and if they may be with ease to be had, limits the time needed for a courtesy vehicle.
In case your vehicle is a complete write-off after a coincidence, the less expensive the cost the insurance enterprise can pay to replace the auto is likewise important.
Lists of group 1 insurance cars
1. Nissan Micra Hatchback
- 1.0-litre petrol with 70bhp in visia and visia+ trims
- includes Bluetooth and a USB input
- Indoors area is seriously brilliant, with quality-in-class shoulder room and plenty of legroom for rear passengers
- Amazing protection will also have contributed to the low coverage rating
- Autonomous emergency braking system
2. SEAT Mii hatchback
- Zero-litre 59bhp petrol engine
- Impressively spacious
- Good fun to drive
- Cheap to buy
3. Volkswagen up! hatchback
- it’s a powerful one-two for the Volkswagen group, due to the fact the up! Is nearly equal to the Mii under its VW badges and barely sharper match.
- Circulate up! Expenses around £1,000 extra, however, adds essentials like far-off imperative locking, electric powered the front windows and a folding rear seat
4. Ford Ka+ hatchback
- It’s barely taller, though, and comes with five doorways as fashionable for exceptional passenger area and get entry to.
- There’s just one 1.2-litre engine, with both 69 or 84bhp, and you’ll need the much less effective model in studio trim to qualifying for Britain’s cheapest insurance score.
- Popular equipment isn’t as fundamental as you might expect, with air-conditioning, electric powered the front windows and Bluetooth connectivity all covered, but you need to forgo the alloy wheels of the pricier Zetec trim.
5. Smart ForFour hatchback
- With a huge range of colors and ideal alternatives to be had, it is able to clear cut a sprint outdoor the college gates, workplace or parked in your driveway.
- A tall roof and wide-beginning doors make it smooth to climb interior, or match a child automobile seat in, even in tight parking spaces. To advantage from institution one, you’ll want the 1.Zero-litre engine and natural trim level, which comes with cruise control, faraway relevant locking, electric home windows and a ride computer.
6. Ford Fiesta Hatchback
- We’ve named the ultra-modern fiesta the high-quality car you may buy for £15,000 thanks to its ideal combination of fashion, low jogging expenses, and comfort.
- fashionable indoors
- Bluetooth and air-conditioning are geared up as fashionable
- A 5-big name euro NCAP protection rating is reassuring, but unlike the Nissan Micra, independent emergency braking isn’t equipped as widespread
7. Skoda Fabia Hatchback
- Skoda’s designers have put any sporting pretensions to 1 facet, rather specializing in space, versatility, and comfort to make the closing supermini for families.
- It’s the 1.0-litres trim that’s cheapest to cover, fitted with the identical 59bhp 3-cylinder engine because of the Volkswagen up! Right here it returns up to 57mpg and takes 15.7 seconds to get from 0-62mph – so it’s quality acceptable to the city using.
8. Hyundai i10 hatchback
- Economy-focused technology like stop-start boosts fuel economy to 70.6mpg, while CO2 emissions are just 93g/km.
- While it shouldn’t affect the majority of i10 owners, it’s worth noting the SE Blue version can only carry two rear passengers.
9. Vauxhall Corsa hatchback
- he 1.4-litre Sting trim is the cheapest to insure, with 74bhp and official fuel economy of 55.4mpg.
- sizeable 16-inch alloy wheels are fitted as a standard
- heated windscreen
- CD player with six speakers
- Other impressive touches include a leather steering wheel, cruise control, and remote central locking to boost its showroom appeal.
10. Dacia Logan MCV estate
- Its badge stands for ‘Maximum Capacity Vehicle’ and Dacia isn’t lying, because the boot can swallow 573 liters of luggage, making it just a fraction smaller than a Volkswagen Golf Estate.
- 1.0-litre SCe 74bhp petrol in Access trim
- There’s no air-conditioning, radio or central locking, but the wiring is in place for an aftermarket stereo.